Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Yummy Lasagna!


For our New Year's Eve dinner party (that unfortunately didn't happen because our friends and their kids got sick), I made my famous lasagna. I have always loved lasagna and it has become a bit of a specialty for me. It can easily be converted into a meatlovers meal, but considering we're vegetarians, this is how I make it:
1. Use whatever veggies are available in the fridge and need using up.
- Today I used 2 large cloves of crushed garlic, half of a large onion, the rest of the red and orange peppers (a bit more than half a pepper), 3 carrots, and 8 ounces of mushrooms. Soften veggies in the frying pan with a bit of oil.

After the vegetables are soft, add the marinara sauce.

2. Boil 12 lasagna noodles and drain when soft.

3. Mix cheeses together with one egg - I used a tub (15 ounces) of ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella/parmesan/italian cheeses with whatever was left of the cheddar I shredded and put in there too.
4. Layer the lasagna
- Put sauce on the bottom
- 3 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 of the cheese mixture
And continue with the layers (4 layers total = 12 noodles)


Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour.
ENJOY this yummy, delicious lasagna in large quantities!

No comments: