Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Top 5 Guilty Pleasures

Being a stay at home mom is wonderful. I wouldn't trade it for the world even on the toughest, most sleep-deprived, toddler-whiny days. Really. I love my girls and am so thankful God has called me to be home during this time in their lives. That said, sometimes a mama needs a break! And with my husband working full-time (thank you!) along with getting his Master's degree and being a part of groups at church, let's face it, I'm worn out! So when I need a little pick me up or a brain break from the kids, here are my top 5 guilty pleasures:
1. Blogs. I love reading blogs. Especially ones about families with young children who are parenting with a purpose. I get inspiration and ideas on how to be a better parent. Recently I've been into reading blogs about moms who homeschool. I've found some really awesome sites that have free preschool material and Chloe has been loving the one-on-one attention and playing the fun games!
2. Chocolate. The great thing about nursing is that I burn 500-600 calories per day just by feeding my child. Therefore, I can justify eating any chocolate that I want :) My favorite is 71% dark chocolate. Or perhaps Cadbury's chocolate with mint bits. Or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Or maybe.... well, any chocolate is good chocolate.
3. Magazines. But they have to be quality magazines. I hate gossip mags or ones featuring celebrities. I could care less about their dramatic lives. My current subscriptions include Minnesota Monthly, and two parenting magazines. Occasionally I enjoy reading Oprah's magazine (my mom has a subscription) but there are so many ads!
4. A Hot Bubble Bath. I can only do this after my children are both in bed otherwise Chloe strips down and tries to climb in with me. Usually after I put her to bed, I'm so tired, I have a quick shower and go to bed too. So this is a special treat for me!
5. Decaf Coffee. Yum. I LOVE coffee. But, because I'm nursing, decaf it is which is fine by me because it still tastes delicious! My very sweet husband will brew me my own small pot on the weekends and I enjoy two large cup-fulls with each pot. I really love the Cinnamon Dolce Lattes at Starbucks but it's seasonal drink (that will soon be coming!) so I get that a few times a year.

So, there you have it. The top 5 things that give me joy (besides my family, of course). What are your guilty pleasures?

No comments: