
What is it about a woman all dressed up in the latest fashions with three inch heels, with perfect makeup and a not a hair out of place, stepping into a very sexy car that stirs up a bit of envy in me? As the girls and I were leaving the neighbors after a visit with their little guy and the two doggies, a friend of theirs was just stepping into her car to begin her day in the corporate world. And she looked amazing. And powerful. And successful. And she uses phrases like, "Eliminating my competition." And I went to bed last night with wet hair (so you can imagine what it looks like in the morning) and I was wearing jeans, a tank top and my keens while chasing two little girls around all morning. Still wearing my glasses. At least I got to brush my teeth. Seeing a woman like that makes me see my life differently. My life is amazing and fulfilling but in such a different way than someone who is single and successful with her own business. My day consists of going on walks to the park, teaching the girls to take turns riding the bike while the other pushes the bubble mower, picking out new books at the library, singing songs with silly rhymes and animals as the subject. Most days I'm lucky to get to sit down for a bit and relax or do a bit of reading. In some ways it feels like the life chosen for me but honestly I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. I get to use phrases like "Safety first" and "No push; gentle touches." I get to institute snack time. I get to take the girls to the splash pad and play with them and teach them about caring. It would be nice to actually get to wear fashionable clothes and put makeup on everyday but I think I look pretty cool driving a Ford Fusion with two carseats in the back holding two smiling toddlers.


No comments:
Post a Comment